Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sugar Snap Pea Salad with Radishes, Mint and Ricotta Salata




Somebody shoot me.

Why didn’t I think of this salad?

I could have, given enough time, red wine and an inspirational view.

Maybe.

But it doesn’t matter.

Melissa Clark beat me to it and got it published in the NY Times.

And I am so glad she did.

Sugar Snap Pea Salad with Radishes, Mint and Ricotta Salata
Adapted from a recipe in the NY Times June 2009 by Melissa Clark

1/2 cup sliced radishes
4 ounces sugar snap peas, sliced (1-¼ cups)
4 ounces ricotta salata, crumbled (1 cup)
1/3 bunch mint leaves, torn, (1/3 cup)
1 large clove garlic, minced
Coarse salt , a good pinch
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
A couple of good swirls extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper to taste

In large bowl, toss together radishes, peas, ricotta and mint.
In mortar and pestle or with a knife, make a paste of the garlic and the pinch of salt. Place in small bowl and add lemon juice and balsamic vinegar and stir well to combine. Drizzle in the olive oil, stirring constantly and season to taste.
Pour over salad and toss to combine.

Serves 3 generously.

Click here for a printable recipe!

One Year Ago on Feeding Groom
Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

pam said...

I am always looking for ways to use radishes, since my CSA gives me oodles of them.

weissmntc said...

For the verrry literal reader, is the first ingredient, 1/2 cup of radishes or 2-4 cups of radishes?

Mary Coleman said...

Lord today, I didn't notice that at all.
1/2 cup!!
thanks Deb!

Anonymous said...

Great recipe which I lost and could not find on The NY Times website. Thanks for the posting. PS: Virtually every one of Melissa Clark's recipes is a winner, easy and foolproof.